With the rapid changes in information technology, the AGWS understands how difficult it is to keep up with trends and new ways of communicating with family and friends. It can also be a bit scary trying to grasp new concepts, so one of the special services we provide to our members is assistance with technology information.
Some examples of the things we can help you with:
- Emailing pictures to your family overseas (and take the pictures too!)
- Downloading ‘apps’ onto your smartphone
- ‘Surfing the web’ on your tablet or smartphone
- Sending text messages, emails and social media messages
- Learning how to use Microsoft Office software
- Tips and tricks for using your tablet or smartphone
- How to safely shop online (like books or DVDs)
- Using your GPS on your tablet or smartphone
- Connecting your device to WiFi
Our Tech Tutor can spend time with you one-on-one to assist you with being ‘online’.
We also have three computers and one iPad available for our members to use during our office hours.
What is ‘Be Connected’?
Be Connected is an Australia-wide initiative empowering all Australians to thrive in a digital world. AGWS is part of a Network of community partners – the Be Connected Network – who offer in-person support so you can develop your digital skills and confidence.